A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
The Crystal Lake Police Department Completes the Independence Day Crackdown to Save Lives
The Crystal Lake Police Department recently has completed its participation in the Illinois Department of Transportation’s (IDOT) Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program conducted for the Independence Day holiday designated “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over / Click It or Ticket”.
Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort from June 28th through July 7th to save lives by encouraging motorists to refrain from drinking and driving and to buckle up during late-night hours. During this period, the Crystal Lake Police Department participated in seven separate enforcement campaigns to increase safety on our community’s roadways.
During the mobilization, The Crystal Lake Police Department:
1- Stopped 68 motorists for traffic violations
- 52 safety belt citations
- 7 citations for speeding
- 1 citations for operation uninsured motor vehicle
- 3 citations for equipment and other moving violations
- 4 citations for unlawful use of an electronic communications device
- 2 citations for improper lane usage
- 1 disregard red light citation
- 1 failure to yield to an emergency vehicle citation
In addition, 2 persons were arrested for the following offenses:
- 1 adult female was arrested for DUI alcohol
- 1 adult male was arrested for driving while license suspended
The recent law enforcement crackdown was funded by federal traffic safety funds through IDOT’s Division of Traffic Safety and is part of the statewide “Drive Sober or Get Pulled over” and “Click it or Ticket” campaigns.