Today former McHenry County Sheriff’s Sergeant Greg Pyle was in the Rockford Federal Courtroom of Frederick Kapala
A week ago, his lawyer showed, but Pyle didn’t.
His attorney announced that a plea agreement was in the works.
The Judge allowed a two week delay.
When Pyle entered the courtroom Friday, he was wearing a shirt with alternating horizontal orange and white stripes.
Printed on the back was “BOONE COUNTY JAIL.”
Unlike the report of a previous court appearance, Pyle now has a haircut so short one could see the white of his skin. It looked like the buzz haircuts that local barbers and beauticians give participants in St. Baldrick’s Day fundraisers for pediatric cancer research.
Pyle’s face was also shaven.
But his attorney was sick and substitute Kris Carpenter asked for another continuance.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Michael Love agreed to it.
As he walked out of the room after Judge Kapala allowed a two week delay, Pyle’s head was bowed, his arms hung in front of him with hands clasped.
He looked either resigned or contrite.
Here are articles that McHenry County Blog has run on Greg Pyle that you might find of interest:
- 1-8-12 The Deputy Sheriff Greg Pyle Story Unfolds – 10 Counts of Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault
- 1-8-12 Chicago Media Jump on Greg Pyle Story
- 1-9-12 Headlines Keep Getting Worse for the McHenry County Sheriff’s Department
- 1-9-12 The Warrant for McHenry County Deputy Sheriff Greg Pyle’s Arrest for Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault
- 1-9-12 Greg Pyle No Longer on Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- 1-10-13 Police at McHenry County Deputy Sheriff Greg Pyle’s Home
- 1-13-12 Sheriff’s Department Finally Sends Greg Pyle’s Booking Photo
- 2-6-13 Greg Pyle’s Crystal Lake Residence For Sale
- 2-23-13 Greg Pyle Indicted on Ten Counts of Criminal Sexual Assault of a Child
- 3-9-12 Greg Pyle Still on Sheriff’s Department Payroll
- 3-12-13 A Way the County Board Could Save a Little Cash
- 6-15-12 Reporter Lawrence Synett Lands on His Feet with Northwest Herald Greg Pyle Salary Story
- 8-15-12 The Federal Complaint against McHenry County Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Greg Pyle
- 8-15-12 The Justice Department Press Release about Greg Pyle’s Arrest
- 8-7-13 Greg Pyle Not Granted Bail on Federal Charges
- 8-22-12 McHenry County Sheriff’s Recruit Explains Why Greg Pyle Quit
- 9-5-13 Feds Indict Former McHenry County Sheriff’s Deputy Greg Pyle
- 9-27-13 Greg Pyle Spotted in Federal Court
- 10-1-13 Greg Pyle’s Court Appearance Postponed for a Week