A press release about 4-H:
University of Illinois Extension McHenry County inducts John Hammerand, McHenry County Board Member, to their 1st Annual Hall of Fame.
John D Hammerand, McHenry County Board, District 4, was inducted November 1, 2013 into the first Annual Hall of Fame for the University of Illinois Extension, McHenry County.
This Honor was bestowed on behalf of all the Extension Staff to show how grateful they are for the leadership role he has played as a supporter of McHenry County Extension.
His dedication, contribution, and service, combined with his attitude, shows that he cares about McHenry County Extension and the people it serves.
With his fellow inductees, McHenry County Extension has impacted over 50,000 McHenry County lives in 2012-2013 through need-based programming in 4-H, 4-H Metro, Food Nutrition Programs, Horticulture/Master Gardener Programs, and Local Foods/Small Farms, committed to the mission of “helping people put knowledge to work”.
Fellow inductees include:
- Gricelda and Teodulo Mendoza of La Rosita Supermarket for Nutrition Education
- Amy Carzoli, MCC Coordinator of Conferences and Faculty Rental for Community Service
- Nancy Moore former McHenry County Home Economics Advisor for Home and Community Education
- Doris Kovalovsky – Extension Fiscal Secretary
- Paula Weidner – McHenry County 4-H Youth Foundation President, McHenry County Farm Bureau, McHenry County Fair Association
- Thomas Dahlfors – McHenry County Extension Advisory Board
- Rich Tobiasz – Master Gardener, Judith Corson
- Cynthia Harris, Extension Volunteers
- Cynthia Maddock, 4-H Leader