Whenever I see a contract being let, I wonder if campaign contributions might have been made to anyone close to the awarding of that contract.
Today I looked at the McHenry County Transportation Committee agenda, which you can find here.
One of the items to be voted upon is for engineering services for Randall Road from County Line Road to Ackmann Road.
TranSystems is the company selected for preliminary engineering.
I looked at the most recent checks made by the firm and found the following related to McHenry County:
- 10/13-/2 $250 – Citizens to Elect Bob Miller
- 5/29/2012 $500 – Committee to Elect Ken Koehler
- 3/26/2011 $250 – Committee to Elect Ken Koehler
- 10/7/2010 $250 – Citizens to Elect Bob Miller
- 5/4/2010 $250 – Committee to Elect Ken Koehler
- 4/27/2009 $500 – Committee to Elect Ken Koehler
On the State Board of Elections web site, the purposed of the Citizens to Elect Bob Miller is as follows:
Elect Roberts J Miller, Algonquin Twp Highway Commissioner & Anna May Miller, McHenry County Board member, and to elect other good Republican candidates to office.