Both Zane Seipler’s blog and Gus Philpott’s Woodstock Advocate have articles that deserve to be read with regard to the taking of depositions in fired McHenry County Sheriff’s Deputy Scott Milliman’s wrongful termination suit in Federal Court.
Let me point you to these two articles in Seipler’s blog entitled,
- “McHenry County Sheriff’s Race 2014.”The Heat Is On
- Pros and Cons to Truth Telling When Meeting With Leist Part 1
Also look at these Gus Philpott articles on Woodstock Advocate::
Both blogs have been exploring what could happen to McHenry County Sheriff’s Deputies who have been called as witnesses in fired Deputy Scott Milliman’s Federal wrongful termination case.
Now four of about thirty deputies (source: Woodstock Advocate) have retained attorney Robert Hanlon to represent them in the case.
Hanlon has filed an
appearance for material witnesses for
- Timothy Matteson
- Gerald T Bodden
- Robert W Schlenkert
- John Koziol
Milliman was fired after giving a deposition in fired Deputy Zane Seipler’s case alleging
Excessive force used by McHenry County Deputy Sheriffs
- Retaliation suffered by Milliman and other deputy sheriffs for reporting unlawful conduct of other deputy sheriffs
- Allegations that Nygren was directly involved in ticket fixing in McHenry County
- Nygren’s acceptance of bribes intended to influence his actions as Sheriff
- Nygren’s involvement in a scheme to fraudulently procure SBA loans for individuals and share in the proceeds of the loans knowing that the loans were going to default
- Milliman’s cooperation with the FBI investigation into corruption in McHenry County
- Evidence of racial profiling by McHenry County Deputy Sheriffs
- General corruption within the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office
Full details of the Milliman dismissal, including the role of Undersheriff Andy Zinke, can be found here.
John Koziol caused an uproar when he filed suit asking for a Special Prosecutor to probe Zinke. See