The deadline for filing statements of candidacy for write-in candidates has just passed.
They’re thirty in all.
Most are for Republican Precinct Committeeman, but three are for Democratic Party Precinct Committeeman, one for Democratic Party State Central Committeewoman in the 14th Congressional District and one for GOP U.S. Senate.
First, the Republican write-in candidates for Precinct Committeeman:
Republican State Rep. candidate Steve Reick will face off against Township Supervisor Preston Rea.
- Algonquin 3 – Mickey Barnas
- Algonquin 19 – Joe Stecker
- Algonquin 34 – Gary Verdung versus Nathaniel Gainer
- Algonquin 50 – Thomsas Kantner
- Coral 3 – Charles W. Ruth
- Grafton 1 – Michael Skala
- Grafton 4 – Sharon M. Bills
- Grafton 8 – Carolyn Schofield versus Scott A. Milliman, Sr.
- Grafton 9 – Pamela J. Fender
- Grafton 17 – Robert R. LaPorta
- Grafton 18 – Kenneth Cabay
- Grafton 25 – Joe Calomino
- Grafton 29 – Karen Filpi
- Ronald J. Zieman
- Marengo 2 – Don Lockhart
- McHenry 13 – Neal Schepler
- McHenry 24 – Lewis F. Matuszewich
- Nunda 9 – Bernard V. Narusis
- Nunda 10 – Larry Cannon
- Seneca 2 – Gina LeFevour
On the Democratic Party side of the ballot, three filed for Precinct Committeeman:
- Algonquin Township 41 – Robert R. Waddell
- Greenwood Township 3 – Mark Nichols
- Nunda Township 27 – Deborah Martin
Running for 14th Congressional District State Central Committeewoman as a write-in is Kristina Zahorik.
Running for U.S. Senate on the Republican ticket is Sherry Procarione.