A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
The Crystal Lake Police Department Completes the Superbowl Weekend Crackdown to Save Lives
Over 200 law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort from January 31st through February 2nd to save lives by encouraging motorists to refrain from drinking and driving and to buckle up during late-night hours.
During this period, the Crystal Lake Police Department participated in three separate enforcement campaigns and added fifty-one additional patrol hours specifically dedicated for traffic enforcement to increase safety on our community’s roadways.
As a result of these additional patrols, the Crystal Lake Police Department:
- Conducted traffic stops on an additional 64 motorists for traffic violations
- Issued a total of 81 additional traffic citations which included:
- 17 safety belt citations
- 25 citations for unlawful use of an electronic communications device
- 7 citations for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle
- 12 citations for speeding
- 20 citations for other equipment and moving violations
The recent law enforcement crackdown was funded by federal traffic safety funds through IDOT’s Division of Traffic Safety and is part of the statewide “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” and “Click It or Ticket” campaigns.