An email from Republican Attorney General candidate Paul Shimpf:
Do you believe us now? That’s the question I asked Republican leaders at a Lincoln Day Dinner last night.Yesterday, a poll of over 1000 likely voters showed us leading Lisa Madigan downstate and statistically tied in the collar counties. Overall, we are only down 16 points, with four and a half months left in the race.
When you consider that we:
- started this process with no name identification whatsoever
- have spent negligible amounts of money
- have only now started getting our message out; the conclusion is clear. This is a winnable race.
But we can’t win this without your help. If you can, please chip in today. The $25 and $50 donations really do help.
We have gotten to this point because of the undeniable truth of our message:
Illinois desperately needs an Attorney General who is not beholden to the political insiders.
We need an Attorney General who will
- defend our constitutional rights and freedoms
- protect our medical and financial privacy under the Obamacare trainwreck
- prioritize anti-corruption efforts.
In short, we need a prosecutor, not a career politician.
I intend to give Illinois precisely that kind of Attorney General and I’m asking for your help this morning.
= = = = =
After Schimpf’s name comes the following disclosure:
PAID FOR BY CITIZENS FOR SCHIMPF, P.O. BOX 16, WATERLOO, ILLINOIS 62298. A COPY OF OUR REPORT IS AVAILABLE (OR WILL BE AVAILABLE) FOR PURCHASE OR DOWNLOAD FROM THE ILLINOIS STATE BOARD OF ELECTIONS. CONTRIBUTIONS TO CITIZENS FOR SCHIMPF ARE NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE.