Things are a bit slow, so today I’ll let you know who contributed to McHenry County Board member Mary McClellan’s successful campaign for McHenry County Clerk during the first quarter of this year, that is, right before the primary election:
Here are the ones over $150:
- $1,500 – Construction and General Laborers, Burr Ridge
- $1,500 – International Union of Operating Engineers Local 150, Countryside
- $1,000 – Alliance Contractors, Inc. Woodstock
- $1,000 – McHenry County Building Trades, Crystal Lake
- $1,000 – Service Employees International Union, Chicago
- $500 – Intren, Union
- $300 – International Electrical Workers, Darian
- $300 – Stephan McClellan, Covington, GA
- $250 – Kelly Haffner, McHenry
- $250 – Mike Lesperance, Lakemoor
McClellan had $1,450 in contributions under $150.
There were $5,238 on in-kind contributions:
- $5,000 – Dan Olsen, Holiday Hills, for computer services
- $238 – Debby Franks, Marengo, for promotional items communication
McClellan also loaned her campaign $5,000.
She started the year with a bit less than $1,800 and raised $14,050.
McClellan spent $16,593.46 on her campaign after January 1st.
Major expenditures were
- Lincolnshire’s Pioneer Strategies LLC for two mailings. One cost $5,852.08; the other $3,362.80.
- $3,597 was spent on yard signs. They came from A.G.E. Graphics in Hocking, Ohio.
- $629 of palm cards were printed by Dr. Dons in Glendale, Arizona.
McClellan defeated fellow District 3 County Board member Nick Provenzano, receiving over 56% of the Republican primary vote. Her margin of victory was 3,625 votes.