A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
Arrest Subject for Aggravated Assault with a Firearm
On Sunday, October 12th , 2014, at approximately 8:08pm, Crystal Lake Police responded to a single-family residence located in the 200 block of Sunset Terrace after receiving a report of a domestic violence event which had occurred within the home.
The ensuing investigation revealed Samuel Twinam had also discharged a firearm within his home, striking an interior wall.
Samuel Twinam was subsequently charged with the following offenses:
- Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon, 720 ILCS 5/12-2(c)(1), a Class A Misdemeanor
- Reckless Discharge of a Firearm, 720 ILCS 5/24-1.5, a Class 4 Felony
- Domestic Battery, 720 ILCS 5/12.3.2(a)(2), a Class A Misdemeanor
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, 720 ILCS 65/2(a)(1), a Class A Misdemeanor
- Unlawful Possession of Firearm Ammunition, ILCS 65/29(a)(2), a Class A Misdemeanor
Samuel Twinam was later confined at the McHenry County Jail, where his bond was set at $60,000.
= = = = =
Sunset Terrace is between Crystal Lake Central High School and Main Street.