With three members of the McHenry County Board seeking to lead its members for the last two years when the twenty-four members will have more say than you and I have at the ballot box, it seems appropriate to take a look at campaign finance.
Current Chairwoman Tina Hill, Joe Gottemoller and John Hammerand are seeking the position.
Also in the mix is her avowed desired to run for Recorder of Deeds in 2016.
While both Gottemoller and Hammerand were up for election in their districts this year, Hill was not. Nevertheless, she did hold a fundraiser.
She started July 1st with $1,349.47.
During the next three months she raised $10,150 and spent $4,202.65.
She had seventeen contributions of more than $150:
- $1,000 – Comcast Financial Agency Corporation, Philadelphia, PA
- $500 – Alliance Contractors, Inc., Woodstock
- $500 – Baxter & Woodman, Inc., Crystal Lake
- $500 – Gavers Asp. Paving & Excavating, Inc., Woodstock
- $500 – Realtor PAC, Springfield
- $500 – Team Reil, Inc., Union
- $500 – Transystems Corporation, Schaumburg
- $500 – Woodstock Hotel, Inc., Woodstock
- $250 – Tanveer Ahmad, Woodstock
- $250 – American Community Bank & Trust, Woodstock
- $250 – Arlington Park Race Course, Arlington Park
- $250 – Gary Lang Chevrolet, Inc., McHenry
- $250 – McHenry Savings Bank, McHenry
- $250 – Citizens to Elect Bob Miller
- $250 – Peter Baker & Son Co., Lake Bluff
- $250 – A. Rick & Teresa D. Scardino, Hawthorn Woods
- $250 – Demetrios Pete Tsilimgras, Cary
- $250 – Zukowski, Rogers, Flood & McArdle, Crystal Lake
- $200 – Darwin & Robbin Shepley, Jr., Woodstock
$2,450 was donated in smaller amounts.
- $1,469 – 1776, Crystal Lake
- $355.89 – Kwik Kopy, Crystal Lake, printing
- $350 – TECCOMM T. DeModica, Woodstock, fundraiser support and coordination
- $250 – Citizens for Lou Bianchi
- $230 – McHenry County Council of Governments, golf outing and sponsorship
- $155 – Mix & Mingle, fundraiser space rental
An additional $1,027.76 was unitemized.