District 4’s John Hammerand is the third candidate seeking the office of McHenry County Board Chairman.
He won a hotly-contested race with teacher union-backed Crystal Lake South High School auto mechanics and manufacturing technology teacher Arne Waltmire.
Waltmire had over $20,000 at his disposal, only $320 of which seems to be from individuals or businesses.
Hammerand says he spent about $2,000.
Hammerand started the last half of 2014 with $860.63 and ended the quarter with $2,626.92 in his checking account.
His only donations above $150 during from July through September were
- $500 – Pro-Life Victory Committee, McHenry
- $250 – Thelen Sand and Gravel, Antioch
- $250 – Alliance Contractors, Woodstock
In small contributions, he got
- $2,150 from individuals and business
- $515 from other Political Action Committees
Expenditures reported from July through September were
- $540 – Grand Old Mill, Wonder Lake, reception
- $430.96 – Drew Veeneman, Elgin, door hangers
- $250 – KC Tax Associates, Ltc., Woodstock, random audit required by State Board of Elections
A loan from Cheryl Hammerand in the amount of $3,525.94 is also reported.