District 3 former McHenry County Board member Kathy Bergan Schmidt had but $220 in her bank account on July 1st, according to what she filed with the Illinois State Board of Elections.
During the previous three months, she spent down her campaign fund $1,490.91 on the following expenditures:
- $588.00 – Postmaster, Crystal Lake
- $227.55 – Hot Cards, Cleveland, OH, walk cards
- $165.00 – McHenry Chamber of Commerce, membership and parade entry
- $90.00 – Office Max, Crystal Lake, printing
- $80.00 – Alliance Printing, Addison, car magnets, printing
- $67.71 – Office Depot, Woodstock, printing
- $56.61 – Costco, office supplies
- $42.96 – Party City, Lake Zurich, parade candy
- $40.09 – Costco, parade candy
- $22.93 – Office Max, Crystal Lake, office supplies
The only report to the Board of Elections after that was a $5,000 contribution from the candidate.
It was dated on Election Day, November 4th.