When the McHenry County Conservation District was actively promoting its two tax hike bills, it asked the McHenry County Board for its endorsement of them.
Articles on this attempt to raise McHenry County real estate taxes below include one about lobbying the County Board’s Legislative Committee:
- Revised, Althoff-McConnaughay Bill Could Allow Basic Conservation District Tax Rate to Increase 25%, But Only with Voter Approval
- Althoff Lobbying County Board for MCCD Tax Hike Support
- Althoff Reports Citizen Opposition to Tax Hikes
- Althoff-McConnaughay Bill to Allow MCCD 50% Tax Hike with Referendum Passes 46-0
- Money That Should Have Been MCCD’s Used to Finance 2007 $73 Million, 27% Tax Hike Campaign
- Althoff Passed Bill for Conservation District to Sell Non-Referendum Bonds 48-0
In any event, Chairman John Jung has cancelled the previously scheduled December 11th meeting of the Legislative Committee he chairs.