A press release from the Algonquin-Lake in the Hills Fire Department:
First arriving crews were on the scene at 4:10 a.m., and found a two story single family home with light smoke throughout the home. Fire crews were able to locate and extinguish a grease fire on top of the stove.
The fire was declared out at 4:15 a.m. Crews remained on the scene until 4:45 a.m. ventilating the home and checking for extension.
The house was occupied and had working smoke alarms at the time of the incident allowing all of the occupants to escape without injury.
The home is still habitable with the majority of the fire damage being to the exhaust hood above the stove.