The Northwest Herald is reporting that former McHenry County Coroner Marlene Lantz has been indicted.
The paper’s headline is
Former McHenry County coroner indicted on official misconduct, forgery charges
By all means, read the article, which can be found here.
Lantz retired in 2012.
Dr. Anne Majewski, not Lantz’ choice as successor, ran unopposed for the office.
Lantz supported Independent Jim Harrison in the General Election against Republican winner Bill Prim.
There is no indication how long ago the investigation began.
In 2008, she beat Democratic Party candidate David Bachmann, who is now writing McHenry County Secrets.
She has contributed $3,197.20 to the following politicians and PACs:
- State’s Attorney Gary Pack
- Republican Central Comm of McHenry County
- McHenry County Chairman’s Circle
- Committee to Elect Pamela K Palmer
- Citizens to Elect Sheriff Nygren
- Citizens to Elect James T (Jim) Harrison Sheriff of McHenry County
- Citizens To Elect Ann Hughes
Details can be found here.
The largest amounts went to
- the GOP Central Committee – $1,060.20
- Jim Harrison–$702
If convicted of a felony related to her official duties, Lantz would lose her Illinois Municipal Retirement System (IMRF) pension.