Since 2006, the Chairman of the McHenry County Board of Zoning Appeals has been paid $85 a meeting with members getting $75.
I’ve never figured out why folks on this board get paid, while others don’t, but the 2006 compensation is apparently too low.
A proposal is in the works to $100 for the Chairman and $90 for each member.
The Planning & Development Committee is scheduled to approve the proposal next Tuesday.
The following are on the committee:
- Rich Kelly (Chairman) Crystal Lake 11-16-2015
- Ed Haerter Harvard 9-1-2018
- Elizabeth Scherer Woodstock 9-1-2019
- Vicki Gartner Prairie Grove 9-1-2018
- Linnea Kooistra Woodstock 9-1-2017
- David Stone McHenry 9-1-2019
- Charles Eldredge Richmond 9-1-2018
- John Rosene Barrington Hills 12-15-2015
- Thomas Harding Woodstock 12-15-2014 (serves until replaced; position posted on the website with no close date)
= = = = =
ZBA head Rich Kelly adds this information to the discussion:
I just wanted to let you know that those were not proposed increases for the ZBA.
The finance department wanted to include the mileage reimbursement into the per diem.
The net figures to the ZBA are the same or less depending on the miles that member lives from the Government Ctr. unless they live in Woodstock.