Word reached McHenry County Blog that the Woodstock home of Kane County Deputy Sheriff Kim Zinke and former McHenry County Undersheriff Andy Zinke was searched by law enforcement personnel.
I’ve been searching for documents that would confirm or show this verbal report inaccurate.
In the process I have received replies to Freedom of Information requests from the Kane County Sheriff’s Department and the Illinois State Police.
I shall share the relevant parts of their replies.
First the answer from the Kane County Sheriff’s Department:
- The position she was most recently assigned – Records / Evidence.
- When she was put on leave – 4-21-2015
- Whether that leave is paid or unpaid – Paid administrative leave.
- Any affidavit issued to obtain permission for a search warrant relating to Kim Zinke – No records pursuant to your request.
- Any search warrant relating to Kim Zinke in your department’s possession – No records pursuant to your request.
The reply from the State Police will appear in a subsequent article.