Here are the guts of the McHenry County Transportation Department contract terms with the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150, Public Employees Division.
This is what is being shown the Count Board:
The collective bargaining agreement between the Local 150 – Division of Transportation employees – and the County expired on June 30, 2014. Pursuant to good faith negotiations regarding wages, benefits and terms of employment, both the County and the Union have reached tentative agreements for the renewal of the labor agreement.
This agreement has since been ratified by the Union.
The contract is for a four year term with an expiration date of June 30, 2018.
Key items that have been changed due to these negotiations include
- wage increases
- starting wages
- employees’ participation in the Union’s health plan with fixed employer contribution levels
- a time frame for discipline and inclusion of an attendance policy with discipline measures
Bargaining unit employees are to receive wage increases as follows:
- July 1, 2014 – 0%
- July 1, 2015 – 1%
- July 1, 2016 – 1%
- July 1, 2017 – 1%
Health insurance contributions shall be as follows:
- Upon execution: $700 single / $1,700 family
- January 1, 2016: $725 single / $1,750 family
- January 1, 2017: $750 single / $1,800 family
- January 1, 2018: $775 single / $1,850 family