A press release from the CL Police Department:
The Crystal Lake Police Department Completes the Independence Day Crackdown to Save Lives
The Crystal Lake Police Department recently completed participation in the Illinois Department of Transportation’s (IDOT) Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program conducted for the 2015 Independence Day holiday period designated as “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over / Click It or Ticket”.
Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort from June 22nd through July 5th to save lives by encouraging motorists to refrain from drinking and driving and to buckle up during late-night hours. During this period, the department, in addition to daily traffic enforcement operations, participated in an additional four enforcement campaigns to increase safety on our community’s roadways.
During the mobilization, the Crystal Lake Police Department:
Stopped an additional 74 motorists for traffic violations
Issued a total of 59 additional traffic citations which included:
- 17 safety belt citations
- 15 citations for speeding
- 3 citation for operation uninsured motor vehicle
- 3 citations for equipment and other moving violations
- 21 citations for unlawful use of an electronic communications device
In addition, 2 subjects were arrested for the following offenses:
- 1 subject was arrested for DUI alcohol
- 1 subject was arrested for DUI alcohol, BAC over .08, Driving While License Suspended, and Speeding 35 + over the speed limit.
The recent law enforcement crackdown was funded by federal traffic safety funds through IDOT’s Division of
Traffic Safety and is part of the statewide “Drive Sober or Get Pulled over” and “Click it or Ticket” campaigns. Additional such enforcement campaigns are planned for the future.