A press release from the McHenry County Circuit Court:
14 APPLY FOR McHENRY COUNTY ASSOCIATE JUDGE POSITION
Michael J. Sullivan, Chief Judge, announced today that 14 attorneys have filed applications to become the next Associate Judge of the 22nd Judicial Circuit. The Associate Judge vacancy is the result of the retirement of Associate Judge Robert K. Beaderstadt, effective June 30, 2015.
Among the attorneys seeking the appointment are sole practitioners:
- Neil 0. Anderson of Spring Grove;
- Robert W. Fetzner of Crystal Lake;
- Michael J. McNerney of McHenry.
Other applicants include:
- William J. Bligh of Crystal Lake, an associate with the Law Offices of David R. Gervais;
- Michael E. Coppedge of Crystal Lake, a partner with the firm of Cowlin, Naughton, Curran & Coppedge;
- Michael G. Cortina of Crystal Lake, a partner with the firm of SmithAmundsen, LLC;
- Mark R. Facchini of Crystal Lake, an associate with the firm of Donahue & Walsh, P.C.;
- Scott I. Jacobson of Woodstock, a Law Clerk with the Illinois Appellate Court;
- Cynthia D. Lamb of Woodstock, a partner with the firm of Campion Curran
Lamb & Cunabaugh, PC;
- James K. McBride of Johnsburg, a partner with the firm of Short & McBride; and
- Jeannie M. Ridings of Crystal Lake, a partner with the firm of KRV Legal, Inc.
Two McHenry County Assistant State’s Attorneys have also applied, namely:
- Demetrios P. Tsilimigras of Cary, Deputy Chief of the Criminal Division; and
- Norman D. Vinton of Crystal Lake, Chief of the Civil Division;
along with one Winnebago County Assistant State’s Attorney,
- Tiffany E. Davis of Woodstock.
The applicants will be interviewed by the Circuit Judges and they will be jointly evaluated by the Illinois State Bar Association and the McHenry County Bar Association.
After the review process has been completed, the Chief Judge will request that the Director of the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts initiate the balloting process.
Within 14 days of the Chief Judge’s request, the Director shall place the names of each candidate on a ballot in alphabetical order. The ballots will be mailed to each Circuit Judge.
Each Circuit Judge will complete the ballot by voting for one candidate for each vacancy. The ballots must be returned to the Director within 14 days of the date on which the ballots were distributed.
The Director will count the ballots and tabulate the results and certify the results to the Chief Judge.
Public comment by letter is invited on or before AUGUST 11, 2015.
Address correspondence to Chief Judge Michael J. Sullivan, McHenry County Government Center, 2200 North Seminary Avenue, Room 355, Woodstock, IL 60098.