Here’s a fund I have written about before:
McHenry County Republicans for Better Government
It was formed on February 1, 2014, about a month and a half before the March primary election.
It had $4,085 when it first reported to the Illinois State Board of Elections.
It’s stated purposed was “To support Republican candidates that share the ideology and values of our organization.”
Michael McCleary signed the paperwork using a Woodstock Post Office Box.
Contributions before the end of March were made by the following:
- $2,000 – John Roeser, Chairman/Engineer, Otto Engineering, Barrington
- $1,000 – Bulk Lift International, Inc., Carpentersville
- $1,000 – Thomas Lee Cooper, Wonder Lake
- $1,000 – Lou Anne Majewski, Barrington Hills
- $800 – Demetrios Tsilimgras, Assistant McHenry County State’s Attorney, Cary
- $625 – Citizens to Elect Lou Bianchi
- $400 – Law Offices of Robert T. Hanlon & Associates, Woodstock
- $250 – Patrick Kenneally, Barrington
- $200 – Illinois Gun Owners Political Action Committee, McHenry
- $200 – Michael Schuch, Jr., Woodstock,
- $250 – Robert Zalud, Rockford
There was also a $1,000 loan from the Citizens for Lou Bianchi.
So that meant the fund had $10,800 to spend.
$9,150.43 was spent as follows:
- $3,385.96 on printing
- $3,604 on postage
- $1,624 on Northwest Herald advertising
- $355.47 on office supplies
That left $1,659.57 after the primary.
In the second quarter of 2014 another $674 was donated in amounts of less than $150.
There was no activity in the third quarter.
In the fourth quarter $750 was given to Bill Prim’s candidacy.
That left $753.57, which is the same amount the fund had at the end of this past March.
There was no activity in the second quarter of 2015.