Took a trip to the McHenry County Fair Wednesday afternoon looking for things political.
Of course, the Fair itself is a political entity–one that tried to banish Pro-Life and religious entries to a “Faith Tent,” but more on that later.
The first booth I found was that of the McHenry County Democratic Party.
As a turned the corner, I saw the double wide booth of the McHenry County Sheriff’s Department.
Later the Department’s bloodhound was brought out.
In the corner was the finger printing service offered by the Sheriff’s Department.
I looked left and there was the Republican Party booth. There was a slide show, but State Rep. David McSweeney and State Senator Dan Duffy weren’t mentioned.
Next door were two religious booths, one for The Gideons International and the other for the Christian Scientists.
A man at the Gideons told me that his organization had protested the effort to move them to the “Faith Tent.”
Across the aisle was the Veterans Assistance Commission booth.
The McHenry County Citizens for Choice was just down the way.
All of these displays were in the air conditioned building.
= = = = =
The links to articles on how the McHenry County Fair attempt to marginalize Pro-Life and religious exhibitors can be found below:
- 5-7-15 McHenry County Fair Sets Up Faith Ghetto
- 5-19-15 Thomas More Society Complains to County Fair about 2015 Pro-Life Booth “Segregation”
- 5-21-15 Press Release on County Fair Discrimination Against Pro-Life Groups
- 5-22-15 The County Fair Association Decision-Makers
- 5-22-15 More on the County Fair Isolation of Pro-Life Booths
- 5-22-15 County Fair Association Capitulates to Pro-Lifers