A press release from the John Kasich for President campaign:
ENDORSEMENT: ILLINOIS SENATE REPUBLICAN LEADER CHRISTINE RADOGNO HEADS KASICH FOR AMERICA’S ILLINOIS TEAM
Leader Radogno to serve as Illinois State Chairman
Dan Cronin, Dave Syverson, Ed Sullivan, Ron Sandack, Tom Demmer, David Harris, Randy Frese, Jim Schultz, Pat Brady and Sean Morrison to serve as State Co-Chairs
Team includes seven sitting IL legislators, the former Chairman of the Illinois Republican Party, three county party chairmen
Today the Kasich for America campaign announced that Illinois State Senate Republican Leader Christine Radogno will chair the Illinois presidential campaign for Ohio Governor John Kasich.
In all, eighteen officeholders and party officials announced their endorsement of Kasich today, including seven current state legislators, the former Chairman of the Illinois Republican Party, three county party chairmen, and current and former public officials from across the state.
Republican Leader Christine Radogno is the first female Caucus Leader of either party in Illinois General Assembly history. Leader Radogno has served in the Illinois Senate since 1997, represents the 41st District in DuPage, Will and Cook Counties, and is a sitting member on the Senate Executive Committee.
She is considered a top expert on the Illinois state budget, providing leadership across an array of budgetary challenges to help put the state on solid financial ground.
Said Leader Radogno,
“As governor, John Kasich took over a state that was dying.
“Before he took office, Ohio had lost more than 350,000 private sector jobs, faced an $8 billion projected budget hole, and businesses were fleeing to other states.
“In four short years, he helped turn his state around, and under his watch, Ohio has created 347,000 private sector jobs, amassed a $2 billion surplus, and by cutting taxes by more than $5 billion, Ohio became business-friendly again.
“As a leader in a state very similar to Ohio, I understand the significance of his accomplishments.
“Kasich’s record of success serves as a model for other Midwestern states, and it is little wonder that 62% of Ohioans approve of the job he’s doing.”
Kasich for America Illinois Team
- Christine Radogno, Republican Leader, Illinois Senate
- Dan Cronin, DuPage County Board Chairman
- Dave Syverson, Illinois State Senator, 35th District
- Ed Sullivan, Illinois House of Representatives, 51st Distrct
- David Harris, Illinois House of Representatives, 53rd District
- Ron Sandack, Illinois House of Representatives, 81st District
- Tom Demmer, Illinois House of Representatives, 90th District
- Randy Frese, Illinois House of Representatives, 94th District
- Jim Schultz, Director, Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity; Chairman, Citizens for Rauner
- Pat Brady, former Chairman of the Illinois Republican Party
- Sean Morrison, Cook County Commissioner, 17th District
- Aaron Del Mar, Chairman of the Cook County Republican Party
- Seth McMillan, Chairman of the Christian County Republican Party
- Jerome Groniger, Chairman of the Coles County Republican Party
- Liz Gorman, former Cook County Commissioner, 17th District
- Cory Jobe, Director, Illinois Office of Tourism, Ward 6 Alderman
- John Farney, Champaign County Auditor
- Kristy Stephenson, City Treasurer, City of Metropolis
“I can’t imagine a more experienced, talented team, and I am humbled by this incredible show of support,” said Kasich. “Illinois is a very important state, and under the direction of this group of respected and influential leaders, I know we are going to be very competitive here.”
Gov. Kasich is running for President to help Americans restore our nation, live in safety and pass on prosperity to those who come after us—and he’s got the experience to help us do it. He was reelected last year by a 30-point margin after working with his fellow Ohioans to turn an $8 billion shortfall into a $2 billion surplus, cut taxes $5 billion and create more than 300,000 new private sector jobs. As chair of the Budget Committee in Congress he led the effort to balance the federal budget for the first time in a generation and served 18 years on the House Armed Services Committee where he helped enact President Reagan’s national security agenda. He has also had a successful career as an investment banker, New York Times best-selling author and at FOX News. He and his wife Karen have twin teenage daughters and live in their home outside Columbus. You can learn more about him at www.JohnKasich.com