A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
The Crystal Lake Police Department has Completed the 2015
“Thanksgiving Holiday Crackdown to Save Lives”
The Crystal Lake Police Department joined other state and local law enforcement agencies across Illinois to reduce highway fatalities by cracking down on unbuckled motorists and impaired drivers.
During the mobilization, the Department:
Stopped 94 motorists for traffic violations
Issued a total of 76 traffic citations which included:
- 46 citations for unlawful use of an electronic communications
- 13 citations for speeding
- 11 citation for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle
- 5 citations for safety belt citations
- 1 citations for other moving violations and equipment
In addition, 1 subject was arrested for the following offenses:
- Driving while license revoked, DUI alcohol and for having a BAC
The recent law enforcement crackdown was funded by federal traffic safety funds through IDOT’s Division of Traffic Safety and is part of the statewide “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” and “Click It or Ticket” campaigns.