A press release from candidate for State Rep. Allen Skillicorn:
Statement Released by Legislative Candidates:
“In light of recent events, I’m standing up with fellow principled republican candidates to call on the General Assembly and my opponents to protect the families and children of Chicago and empower them with the ability to recall Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
“Legislation has been filed by State Rep. LaShawn Ford, a West Side Democrat, to allow for a recall election of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
“If I was in Springfield I would co-sponsor the legislation and push for its passage.
“I call on my opponents to do the same.
“Rahm and the Chicago political power structure have failed the students they are charged with educating and the families they are charged with physically protecting.
“It’s time to stand up and speak with moral clarity against the injustices bestowed upon us from the political status quo.
“A status quo that cares only about perpetuating their power at the expense—financial and otherwise—of those they have so grievously failed.”
- Seth Lewis, Candidate, 23rd Senate District
- Dan McConchie, 26th Senate District
- Mel Thillens, Candidate, 28th Senate District
- Benjamin Salzberg, Candidate, 29th Senate District
- Mike Amrozowicz, Candidate, 31st Senate District
- Michelle Smith, Candidate, 49th Senate District
- Dale Fowler, Candidate, 59th Senate District
- Heidi Holan, Candidate, 46th House District
- Jillian Bernas, Candidate, 56th House District
- Dawn Abernathy, Candidate, 59th House District
- Allen Skillicorn, Candidate, 66th House District
- Brandi McGuire, Candidate, 72nd House District
- Lindsay Parkhurst, Candidate, 79th House District
- Mike Strick, Candidate, 84th House District
- Mike Babcock, Candidate, 111th House District
- David Severin, Candidate, 117th House District
- Jason Kasiar, Candidate, 118th House District