A press release from the Crystal Lake Police:
The Crystal Lake Police Department Completes the Superbowl Weekend Crackdown to Save Lives
The Crystal Lake Police Department recently completed participation in the Illinois Department of Transportation’s (IDOT) Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program conducted for the Superbowl Weekend.
Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort from February 5th through February 7th to save lives by encouraging motorists to refrain from drinking and driving and to buckle up during late-night hours.
As a result of these additional patrols, the Crystal Lake Police Department:
- Conducted traffic stops on an additional 41 motorists for traffic violations
- Issued a total of 31 additional traffic citations which included:
- 18 citations for unlawful use of an electronic communications device
- 7 citations for speeding
- 3 citations for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle
- 2 citations for seatbelt violations
- 1 citation for other moving violations and equipment
The recent law enforcement crackdown was funded by federal traffic safety funds through IDOT’s Division of Traffic Safety and is part of the statewide “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” and “Click It or Ticket” campaigns.