Retiring State Rep. Mike Tryon used his prestige on a post card endorsing some of the same candidates he endorsed in his earlier email.
He didn’t pay for all out his campaign fund though.
The small print says the following contributed to the cost:
- Citizens for Dan Regna
- Citizens for Joe Gottemoller
- Committee to Elect James S. Cowlin to Circuit Cour
- Citizens for Carolyn Schofield
- Citizens to Elect Joni Smith
- Citizens to Re-Elect Bob Miller
- Citizens to Elect Cameron D. Hubbard
- John Reiner for McHenry County Board District 2
These are the endorsed candidates.
In this endorsement letter, Mike Tryon says, “…I am not a member of the County’s Republican Central Committee…”
Maybe he has resigned as GOP Precinct Committeeman for Algonquin Precinct 35 after giving up the Chairmanship to Sandra Salgado, but the County Clerk has not removed his name from her web site.
You can see it listed here.
In any event, I don’t understand the point he is trying to make.
On the address side, there are also web sites for the six out of eight endorsed candidates who have them.
Anna May Miller and John Reickert do not have web sites.
County Board candidates endorsed in Tryon’s email, but not in the mailing I received follow”
- District 3: Nancy Gonsiorek and Nick Provenzano
- District 4: Sue Draffkorn and Craig Wilcox
- District 5: Michael Skala and Joe Calomino
- District 6: Preston Rea and Jim Kearns
Of course, the mailing may have been zoned.