A press release from the McHenry County Board:
The McHenry County Board is accepting applications from INDIVIDUALS, NURSES and PHYSICIANS interested in appointment to the McHENRY COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH.
Three three-year terms are available with terms which will expire on June 30, 2019. Application forms are available at the County Board Office, Room 209, McHenry County Government Center, 667 Ware Road, Woodstock, IL 60098 (815-334-4221) or at the County’s website at http://www.co.mchenry.il.us/home/showdocument?id=12290.
Completed applications should be returned to the County Board office no later than 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 28, 2016.
If mailing your application, certified or registered mail is recommended.
Mailed applications should be sent to the following address: McHenry County Board, 2200 North Seminary Avenue, Woodstock, IL 60098.
= = = = =
OK. Everybody’s an “individual.’
This is an important body that administers a significant amount of tax dollars.
= = = = =
Never heard of how the McHenry County Board of Health and County Board wanted to license cats in order to finance re-modeling of the State Farm Insurance claims building the County Board bought on Route 14 in Crystal Lake at its intersection with Woodstock Street?
Here are articles to fill in your memory:
- 1-29-11 Cat Tax Feedback Causes Keely Cat to Relax
- 1-25-10 Remembering the McHenry County Republican Cat Tax Now that County Board Members Are Up for Election (This includes the article from 2007 in which Board Chairman Ken Koehler lost this income stream on a 12-10 vote when Board member Lyn Orphal changed her mind after having lunch with an outraged cat owner.)
- 12-4-10 Cat Tax on Its Second Life
- 6-11-7 Rabid Bat Specter Raised in McHenry County
- 6-10-7 Kane County Republican Dead Cat Tax Court in Session
- 5-27-7 Now, Animal Control, Health Department Have Enough Money
- 5-16-7 Cat Tax Resurrection Helps Kills Animal Control Facility Add-Ons