The last candidate to garner endorsements from pretty much every Establishment figure in McHenry County was appointed State Rep. Kent Gaffney, who lost to David McSweeney.
Take a look at them here.
McHenry County Board Chairman Joe Gottemoller received a lot of endorsements, too.
Here are the ones he lists on his campaign web page:
State Elected Officials
- State Senator Pamela Althoff
- State Senator Karen McConnaughay
- State Representative Mike Tryon
- State Representative Barbara Wheeler
McHenry County Mayors/Village Presidents
- Algonquin Village President John Schmitt
- Cary Mayor Mark Kownick
- Crystal Lake Mayor Aaron Shepley
- Fox River Grove Village President Robert Nunamaker
- Harvard Mayor Jay Nolan
- Hebron Village President John Jacobson
- Huntley Mayor Chuck Sass
- Johnsburg Village President Ed Hettermann
- Lake in the Hills Village President Paul Mulcahy
- Lakemoor Village President Todd Weihofen
- Lakewood Village President Erin Smith
- Marengo Mayor Donald Lockhart
- McHenry Mayor Sue Low
- Prairie Grove Village President Stan Duda
- Ringwood Village President Richard Mack
- Trout Valley Mayor Bob Baker
- Union Village President Robert Wagner
- Woodstock Mayor Dr. Brian Sager
The towns I see missing are Barrington Hills, Bull Valley, Fox Lake, Greenwood, Island Lake, Holiday Hills, McCullum Lake, Richmond, Spring Grove and Wonder Lake.
So, Gottemoller got all of the big municipals’ leaders.
I’m wondering how many votes each elected official who endorses another candidate brings to the ballot box.
Gottemoller was also endorsed by all the newspapers that made endorsements in the race:
- Northwest Herald
- Daily Herald
- Chicago Tribune