A new tool from the McHenry County Clerk’s Office allows observers to look for voting trends as the election season progressed.
One can see that Steve Reick did better in early and absentee voting than he did on Election Day after a week of intensive negative advertising.
The goal of the negative advertising allies of Democratic Party State Rep. Jack Franks was to gain the GOP nomination for Franks’ ally and fundraising Host Committee member Jeff Lichte.
The Democrats failed in that effort.
Even using a last minute pop-up committee called “Government for the People.”
Here are the Mike Madigan allies who donated to protect Jack Franks from a real Republican Party opponent this fall:
- 3-8-16 IPACE (Illinois Education Association PAC), Springfield – $12,500
- 3-9-16 SEIU Healthcare, Chicago – $5,000
- 3-9-16 llinois Trial Lawyers Assoc. PAC, Springfield – $15,000
- 3-10-16 IHCA (Illinois Health Care Association) PAC, Springfield – $5,000
- 3-10-16 Aperion Care Inc., Skokie – $1,250
- 3-10-16 Illinois Federation of Teachers COPE, Westmont – $5,000
- 3-11-16 Illinois State AFL-CIO, Springfield – $2,000
- 3-11-16 KFT Services LLC, Lincolnwood – $1,250
- 3-11-16 Legacy Healthcare Financial Services, Lincolnwood – $1,250
- 3-12-16 Heritage Enterprises, Inc., Bloomington – $1,250
- 3-22-16 International Union of Elevator Constructors Local 2, Chicago – $3,000
$52,500 to protect Jack Franks from GOP competition.
The votes in the Republican Primary Election by precinct follow: