A press release from McHenry County Sheriff Bill Prim:
Police Explorer Post applications available for new post youth 14-20 years of age, interested in career in law enforcement
The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office will be implementing a Police Explorer Post. The Police Explorer’s program is a career oriented activity for those interested in law enforcement, and is organized as a non-scouting group with the Boy Scouts of America.
- Be 14 years old (and have completed eighth grade) or be 15 through 20 years old
- Reside or work within the County of McHenry
- Be a student in good academic standing and a citizen of good moral character
- Successfully complete an application, the application process, and a background check
- Be able to attend bi-monthly meetings, various other trainings, outings, and events
- Desire to learn more about themselves, others, leadership, public service, and police procedures
Explorer participants will learn about personal character, leadership, common police procedures, and experience firsthand various services provided to the community with the men and women of the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office.
Applications can be downloaded from the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office webpage at www.mchenrysheriff.org or picked up from the Sheriff’s Office front office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Mondaythrough Friday. Applications must be postmarked or submitted in person to the Sheriff’s Office by Friday, April 22, 2016.