Algonquin Township Board 06/08/16 meeting quick notes
The Algonquin Township board met at 7 PM Wednesday 6/08/16. For past monthly meeting notes, please go to our website at http://www.algonquintownship.com/ (FYI-official meeting notes to be posted after approved in next meeting).
During the supervisors report, I made comment on scheduling a committee of the whole meeting separate to the normal monthly board meeting would give all an opportunity to discuss concerns and plans for direction of Algonquin Township as a brainstorming session with focus on this versus the mechanics of processing required business. Based on all comments of board members, preference was to keep in the normal monthly board business agenda.
The list of discussion points I will be submitting are listed below.
1. Financial Acumen (Cash Flow Validation, Reserve Calculation, Budgeting and Expense Control)
2. Key Indicators and Measurement Standards for Analysis with focus on PT/FT requirements to accomplish based on required/optional services.
3. Transparency of Goals and Expenses with use of township website
4. Proposal of Nepotism Issue in any hiring decisions with focus on qualification to job description, pay standards, benefit establishment, and employee review process.
5. Discussion of process to set elected officials pay for 2017-2020.
6. Intergovernmental agreements-documentation and possible new ones.
For the 2nd month in a row, we had 1 attendee (relative from an individual to the board). Is there no one planning to run for an elected position next spring for the Algonquin Township? As an example, I started attended every month for more then a year before the election. It would be nice to see involvement and concern now and that they learn about a position prior to the election if considering running for an office.
Please call/email me if you want to discuss meeting topics in further details.
2016 Algonquin Township Board Meetings
They are scheduled on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7 PM (Unless updated in the webpage).
3702 U.S. Highway 14, Crystal Lake, IL, 60014.
More information about our township is located online at: