The Daily Herald finally got around to writing a story about the arrest of Kane County Deputy Sheriff Kim Zinke for unlawful possession of a controlled substance.
New information included
- her hiring of Crystal Lake attorney Henry Sugden
- she “had prescriptions for the generic form of Ambien and other ‘mild pain pills.'”
- the case took so long the Lake County State’s Attorney “wanted to make sure we had all the lab results back and everything in order before we indicted the case.”
- she was placed on paid administrative leave in April 2015 but that leave became unpaid on Jan. 21, 2016, due to a matter unrelated to the investigation
- Zinke, although a McHenry County resident, backed the losing candidate for Kane County Sheriff
Defense attorney Sugden told the Daily Herald, “If we can prove she had authorization (to possess the pills), the case goes away.”
Zinke’s first court appearance is Friday at 9 AM before McHenry County Circuit Court Judge Sharon Prather.
She is the wife of former McHenry County Undersheriff Andy Zinke, who retired as the man who beat him in the Republican Primary Election was about to take office.