A re-statement of the Steve Reick campaign’s campaign disclosure for the first quarter of the year–the time when fake GOP candidate Jeffrey Lichte was being pushed by Mike Madigan and Jack Franks allies–has been filed.
The House Republican Organization and allies provided significant in-kind (that is) non-cash support to the State Reick for State Representative effort.
To keep Reick on the ballot, the HRO paid attorney John Fogarty $20,348.00.
Challenging an opponent’s right to be on the ballot is a time honored tactic to drain money from an opponent’s campaign.
He it been successful, fake Republican Jeffrey Litche, last seen wearing a Jack Franks tee shirt and driving Jack Franks parade entry in the Wonder Lake Independence Day Parade would be the rollover and play dead opponent to Jack Franks replacement for State Rep. on the ballot John Bartman.
The rest of the expenditures were spent to counter the over $50,000 spent in direct mail and radio advertising by House Speaker Mike Madigan and Jack Franks allies to denigrate Reick and drive Republican voters to cast ballots for Lichte.
Majority Strategies of Ponte Vedre, Florida, has been paid $10,751.59. No indication of what the firm did for the money provided Reick on behalf of the House Republican Organization.
Next highest vendor was Jordan, Ross & Rose Advertising of Northfield. Radio advertising cost $2,990. An additional $6,848 was spent through the firm by Reick’s campaign fund.
Cherry Communications of Tallahassee was paid $1,385.15 for advocacy calls.
Compass Consulting of Western Springs was also paid $485 for advocacy calls.
An ad in the Woodstock Independent cost $820.
Public House of Woodstock got $160 for meals for the campaign committee.
The total spent to counter the one week Madigan onslaught was $37,091.21.
Cash contributions included
- $7,500 from the House Victory Fund
- $1,000 from Gary Rabine of Johnsburg
- $200 from Allen Skillicorn, State Rep. campaign fund
The campaign reported the following debts:
- $4,900 to Liberty Outdoor Advertising of Crystal Lake
- $1,680.75 to One Zero Charlie of Woodstock
= = = = =
Here are the Mike Madigan allies who donated to protect Jack Franks from a real Republican Party opponent this fall:
- 3-8-16 IPACE (Illinois Education Association PAC), Springfield – $12,500
- 3-9-16 SEIU Healthcare, Chicago – $5,000
- 3-9-16 llinois Trial Lawyers Assoc. PAC, Springfield – $15,000
- 3-10-16 IHCA (Illinois Health Care Association) PAC, Springfield – $5,000
- 3-10-16 Aperion Care Inc., Skokie – $1,250
- 3-10-16 Illinois Federation of Teachers COPE, Westmont – $5,000
- 3-11-16 Illinois State AFL-CIO, Springfield – $2,000
- 3-11-16 KFT Services LLC, Lincolnwood – $1,250
- 3-11-16 Legacy Healthcare Financial Services, Lincolnwood – $1,250
- 3-12-16 Heritage Enterprises, Inc., Bloomington – $1,250
- 3-22-16 International Union of Elevator Constructors Local 2, Chicago – $3,000
Most of the money to defeat Reick went through a last minute pop-up committee called “Government for the People.”