Or I could entitle this, “My very hot Sunday at the Fiesta Days Parade.”
It started at a reception for Congressman Randy Hultgren hosted by Perry Moy, the owner of Plum Garden.
Touring the room, I found lots of Republican officials.
I’ll probably leave some out, but here are the ones I recall:
- State Senator Pam Althoff
- State Rep. candidate Steve Reick.
- McHenry County Board members Tina Hill, Diane Evertsen, Andrew Gasser, Chuck Wheeler, Donna Kurtz, Nick Provenzano, plus County Board member and County Board Chairman candidate Mike Walkup
- County Board candidates Kay Bates and Craig Wilcox
- McHenry Alderman Andy Glab
- Wonder Lake Grade School Board member Bob Anderson
- Algonquin Township Trustee Larry Emery and McHenry Township Trustees Neal Schepler and Gary Barla.
I stepped outside about 1 (with the parade starting at 1:30) and found all sorts of people suffering from the heat.
Pam Althoff and Craig Wilcox were filling candy buckets.
Kay Bates was waiting by her float.
A diminished number of Jack Franks supporters were waiting for the parade’s start.
Others were fanning themselves with Jack Franks fans.
Wilcox and Althoff volunteers posed for photos.
Right before I turned back to get some more cool air at Plum Garden, a Sheriff’s Deputy pulled up on a motorcycle.
We’ll take a look at the actual parade that tomorrow.