This morning, the McHenry County Board’s Public Health and Human Services Committee considered a recommending that property owners be taxed $2.75 million for the Valley Hi Nursing Home next year.
That’s the amount in the budget document considered and passed on by the committee.
There is now almost $41.8 million in Valley Hi’s back accounts.
You may remember that Mike Walkup led the fight to zero out the recommended $3 million levy last year.
For details of the fight, read these articles:
- 8-27-14 Valley Hi Surplus Discussed by Public Health Committee
- 3-22-16 Valley Hi Financial Report
- 10-16-15 Finance Committee Provides Dilemma for Gottemoller
- 10-16-16 Budget Back to Finance Committee
- 10-17-16 The Finance Fight over Valley Hi Taxes – Part 1
- 10-18-16 Finance Committee Fight over Valley Hi Taxes – Part 2
- 10-20-15 Finance Reverses Course, Cuts Valley Hi Levy by $750,000
- 11-18-16 County Eliminates $3 Million Valley Hi Tax