A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
The Crystal Lake Police Department Completes the Labor Day Crackdown to Save Lives
From August 22nd – September 6th, you probably noticed an increase in police activity around Crystal Lake.
The Crystal Lake Police Department participated in the national Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over drunk driving enforcement campaign, showing zero tolerance for impaired driving.
The local effort was part of a nationwide campaign in partnership with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Illinois Department of Transportation.
During the mobilization, the Police Department conducted supplemental traffic enforcement utilizing personnel dedicated to this sole purpose which resulted in the following
- 73 additional motorists were stopped for traffic violations
- 63 additional traffic citations were issued by officers, which included:
- 33 citations for unlawful use of electronic communications devices
- 13 citations for speeding
- 6 citations for seatbelt violation
- 6 citations for other moving violations and equipment
- 5 citations for operation of uninsured motor vehicles.
- 3 motorists were arrested for the following offenses:
- 2 subjects were arrested for no valid driver’s license.
- 1 subject was arrested for speeding 35 MPH or more over the posted speed limit
The recent law enforcement crackdown was funded by federal traffic safety funds through IDOT’s Division of Transportation Safety and is part of the statewide “Drive Sober or Get Pulled over” and “Click it or Ticket” campaigns.