With endorsements completed yesterday for the McHenry County Board, in its District 5 picks, the Northwest Herald has endorsed its second Democrat who is a lawyer. (The first was District 3’s Diane Johnson, a former Crystal Lake Grade School Board President.)
His name is Alex Wimmer and he lives in Woodstock.
Endorsed along with him for the two seats that are up, was one-term Republican incumbent Mike Skala, former President of the Huntley School Board and Chairman of the County Board’s Finance and Audit Committee.
- former County Board member Paula Yensen, who is married to Democratic Party Chairman Mike Bissett, and who was put back on the Lake in the Hills Village Board last spring by voters
- Crystal Lake Republican Andy Snarski, who is retired with nearly three decades of business and financial management experience.
In District 6, the NWH went with the two Republicans
- Mary McCann, ten-year incumbent
- Jim Kearns, Grafton Township Supervisor
Their Democratic Party opponents are
- Andrew Georgi, Hebron Village Trustee
- Cathy Johnson, former Riley Township Trustee and Marengo Library Board member