A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
The Crystal Lake Police Department Completes the Halloween Crackdown to Save Lives
The Crystal Lake Police Department recently completed participation in the Illinois Department of Transportation’s (IDOT) Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program conducted for the Halloween weekend designated “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over / Click It or Ticket”.
Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort from October 28th through November 2 nd to save lives by encouraging motorists to refrain from drinking and driving and to buckle up, especially during late-night hours.
Throughout this period, officers continued to patrol the City, respond to calls for service, and conduct daily traffic enforcement efforts.
During the mobilization, the Police Department conducted supplemental traffic enforcement utilizing personnel dedicated to this sole purpose which resulted in the following:
- 28 additional motorists were stopped for traffic violations
- 25 additional traffic citations were issued by officers, which included:
- 9 citations for failure to wear safety belt
- 5 citations for unlawful use of an electronic communications devices
- 5 citations for speeding
- 4 citations for operation of uninsured motor vehicles
- 2 citations for other moving violations and equipment
- 2 motorists were arrested for the following offenses:
- 1 subject was arrested for speeding 35 MPH or more over the posted speed limit
- 1 subject was arrested for driving on a suspended driver’s license