Nunda Township Republicans will have opposition for every office but Township Clerk.
There former Township Trustee and unsuccessful candidate for the GOP nomination for Recorder of Deeds Joni Smith has a lock.
She is the only candidate.
For Township Supervisor, as reported yesterday, there are three candidates:
- Lee Jennings
- Cate Williams
- Mike Walkup
For Assessor there are two aspirants:
- appointed incumbent Mark Dzemskem, who previously served as Deputy Assessor
- Justin Franzke
Incumbent Road Commissioner Mike Lesperance is being challenged by Regional School Trustee Eric Dowd.
The following are running for Township Trustee:
- Mike Shorten, incumbent
- Robert Parrish, who ran for Road Commissioner the last time around
- Ed Dvorak, incumbent
- William Boltz, appointed to replace Ed Gill when County Clerk Mary McClellen hired him
- Tim Parrish, a Republican Precinct Committeeman
- Debra Heath, the woman who runs the food giveaway at the Nunda Township Hall every Friday morning for the First United Methodist Church of Crystal Lake
- Karen Tynis, appointed to replace Tom Palmer