Besides attacking Township Supervisor Craig Adams’ Independent petitions on the basis that Adams is not an Independent, Republican opponent is saying that Adams has too few signatures.
In the third count of his objection, Verr points out that 355 valid petition signatures are required to obtain a position on the ballot.
Verr points out that Adams filed 391 names.
The Republican then lists
- four names of people who do not live in McHenry Township
- two who participated in the Republican Party Caucus
- four signatures which are illegible
- seventeen signatures of voters who are not registered at the address given on the petitions
- twenty-six signatures which do not match the voter signatures on file with the County Clerk
- six signatures which are invalid because the signers were not signed by “proper persons and are not genuine”
An entire sheet is also challenged because “the circulator failed to list her address.”