From the McHenry County Sheriff’s Department:
Taking Applications for Sheriff’s Deputies
The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office is currently taking applications for Sheriff’s deputies.
Individuals interested in a professional, rewarding career in law enforcement are encouraged to apply.
Testing will take place at Woodstock North High School on Saturday, April 15, 2017, doors open at 8:00 a.m. Applications and required documents must be received by Friday, March 31, 2017 by 4:30 p.m.
Applications for Sheriff’s deputies can be found at www.mchenrysheriff.org. The minimum qualifications to apply are:
- Applicant must be 21 years of age at hiring.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Applicant must be a United States Citizen or have a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Applicant must live in McHenry County or any bordering Illinois county, within one year of hiring.
Deputies with the Sheriff’s Office provide services through the Patrol Division, Investigations Division, and Special Services Division.
Currently, starting deputy’s salary is $28.51/ hour, with paid holidays, paid vacation time and options for major medical insurance.
Applicants must return the required documents, found online, to:
McHenry County Merit Commission
ATTN: Holly Eddy
2200 N. Seminary Ave
Woodstock, IL 60098
Phone: (815) 334-4219, Fax: (815) 334-4646
Email: [email protected]
If you still have questions after referring to our website, please contact Holly Eddy for additional information on the testing and hiring process.