From the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office:
Corrections Officer Applications Now Available: Testing is May 27th. Check out our website for more information
The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office is currently taking applications for the position of Correctional Officer. Physical fitness tests and a written exam will be administered at Woodstock North High School on >Saturday, May 27th, 2017. Doors open at 8 a.m.
McHenry County Jail
In order to undergo testing, applicants must submit all required documents no later than Friday, May 19th, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Applications for Correctional Officer can be found at www.mchenrysheriff.org or at the Corrections Facility, located at 2200 N. Seminary Avenue, Woodstock, IL. Minimum qualifications to apply are:
- Minimum of 21 years of age at hiring.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Applicant must be a United States Citizen or have a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).
- No prior experience required.
- Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Applicant must possess a Firearm Owner’s Identification Card. (Can be applied for online at: https://www.ispfsb.com/)
- Applicant must live in McHenry County or any bordering Illinois counties, or Kenosha/Walworth counties in Wisconsin, within one yearof hiring.
Currently, starting salary is $49,751 per year, with paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time after one year. Major medical, dental and life insurance are offered by the County for the employee and dependents (co-pay).
Applicants must return the required documents to:
McHenry County Sheriff’s Office
2200 N. Seminary Avenue
Woodstock, IL 60098
Fax: (815) 334-3031
Email: [email protected]