A press release from the Crystal Lake Police Department:
The Crystal Lake Police Department Announces St. Patrick’s Day “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” Enforcement Results
The Crystal Lake Police Department participated in the Illinois Department of Transportation’s (IDOT) Sustained Traffic Enforcement Program conducted during the St. Patrick’s Day Holiday Weekend. Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this statewide effort from March 17 through March 20 to save lives by encouraging motorists to refrain from drinking and driving and to buckle up during late-night hours.
Because of the additional patrols, the Crystal Lake Police Department:
- Conducted traffic stops on an additional 36 motorists for traffic violations
Issued a total of 29 additional traffic citations which included:
- 18 citations for unlawful use of an electronic communications device
- 5 citations for speeding
- 3 citations for seatbelt violation
- 2 citation for other moving violations and equipment
- 1 citations for operation of an uninsured motor vehicle
In addition, one subject was arrested for Driving While License Suspended.
Part of the statewide “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” and “Click It or Ticket” campaigns, this recent traffic enforcement operation was made possible by federal highway safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Bureau of Safety Programs.