Thirteen teachers were “honorably dismissed” as of the end of the 2016-2017 school year by the Crystal Lake High School District 155 Board of Education on Tuesday night
Declining enrollment is the reason.
The cuts will have least affect on Crystal Lake South High School. Only a part-time art teacher is being let go there.
Cary-Grove High School is seeing two laid off, a PE/Health teacher, an English and a Social Science teacher.
Prairie Ridge High School, there will be a part-time social science and full-time math and science teachers who will lose their jobs.
Finally, at Crystal Lake Central High School, a PE/health teacher, a part-time science teacher, a math teacher, a world language teacher and a full-time science teacher will be laid off.
The teachers losing their jobs are
- Rebecca Adam (Crystal Lake Central High School PE/Health Teacher)
- David Hartl (Part-time Cary-Grove High School PE/Health Teacher)
- Laurie Koeppen (Part-time Crystal Lake Central High School Science Teacher)
- Lauren Krumholz (Not showing on Crystal Lake Central High School’s staff directory, but other internet links indicate that she is a Math Teacher)
- Alissa Mogavero (Part-time Crystal Lake Central High School World Language Teacher)
- Benjamin Reiff (Cary-Grove High School Social Science Teacher)
- Leah Rutkowski (Crystal Lake Central High School Science Teacher)
- Karyl Shields (Part-time South High School Art Teacher)
- Jordan Smith (Prairie Ridge High School Science Teacher)
- Rachel Spolum (Part-time Prairie Ridge High School Social Science Teacher)
- William Stastny (Prairie Ridge High School English Teacher)
- Paige Stickle (Cary-Grove High School English Teacher)
- Kristie Tyler (Prairie Ridge High School Mathematics Teacher)
In addition, Raymond “Corky” Card’s full-time position at Prairie Redge as a PE/health teacher was changed to a part-time job for the next school year.
Earlier this month the McHenry County College Board laid off 19 employees due to declining enrollment.