Lakewood Road Program Starts Day Before the Election

A press release from the Village of Lakewood:

2017 Road Improvement Project to Begin April 3

The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) recently awarded the bid for the Village’s 2017 Road Improvement Project to Plote Construction, who is expected to begin as early as April 3, 2017.

The project will include the resurfacing of the roadways listed below. In addition, pavement
markings will be used to delineate 5’ bike lanes and 11’ travel lanes along Lake Avenue.

  • Lake Avenue Huntley Road to East Village Limits
  • Pheasant Drive Bard Road to Bardwell Lane
  • Wiltshire Lane S. Shore Dr. to Broadway Ave.
  • Warwick Lane S. Shore Dr. to Lake Ave.
  • Cumberland Lane Lake Ave. to Broadway Ave.
  • Oxford Lane Lake Ave. to Broadway Ave.
  • Essex Lane Lake Ave. to Broadway Ave.

The total cost for the project is expected to be $630,476.69.

The Lake Avenue portion of the project is 80% funded through Federal Surface Transportation Program funds. This leaves 20% of Lake Avenue portion and 100% of the remaining roadways to be funded locally.

Throughout the project, the roadways will remain open to two-way traffic, by using flaggers to guide traffic through the construction zone. However, there will be short periods of time when access to and from properties located adjacent to the construction site will be limited. The Village, contractor, and/or the Village’s engineering consultant will make every effort to provide notice prior to these access restrictions.

Construction signage may be placed in front of homes. Please note, however, these signs will be placed within the public right of way. Per the Village’s Municipal Code, working hours are
permitted from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Monday through Saturday) and 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on

For regular status updates throughout the project or for further information, please visit the Construction Projects page of the Village’s website, Any additional
questions or concerns can be directed to Interim Village Manager Shannon Andrews at (815)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *