Your opportunity to see what the McHenry County Board sees prior to voting whether to approve or reject the McHenry County Conservation District Board’s budget continues.
This is being presented because word around the courthouse is that County Board Chairman Jack Franks wants to cut the MCCD budget proposal by 5%.
• From FY 2015 through FY 2017 the District decreased the number of full time employees from 83 to 75, which represents a 10% reduction.
• The District implemented a staffing reorganization in 2013 that allowed the District to reduce the number of full time employees.
• The District is currently evaluating an additional staffing reorganization as part of the long range strategic alignment plan.
• The District’s staffing level is the lowest since 2007.
• The District has retained competent, dedicated and knowledgeable staff during a challenging economic climate with expanded operations, services, programs, and sites due to the increased acres preserved and growing numbers of visitors using sites and amenities.