To no one’s surprise McHenry County Board Chairman Jack Franks has nominated someone to replace Andrew Gasser who was not recommended by the County’s Republican Party.
County Chairman Sandra Salgado offered Franks two GOP’s nominees:
- David Stieper, an attorney and unsuccessful 2014 Republican Primary Election candidate
- Ralph Sasso, an investor specializing in banks, who seems to have withdrawn his name from consideration
Franks selected former Cary Grade School Board and Certified Public Accountant Chris Spoerl.
Others known to have applied are
- Elaine Ramesh, a patent attorney from Barrington Hills, where she served as Village Clerk and Trustee
- Bob Miller, former Algonquin Township Road Commissioner
- Kevin Kaplan, Cary Realtor and former Barrington School District teacher and football coach