A four-minute, twelve question automated survey was what I heard when I picked up the phone yesterday morning.
Demographic data was requested first:
- Registered voter?
- Age (four choices)
Next were questions about favorability for the following:
- Mary McClellan
- Robert Wilbrandt
- Ray Flavin
- Demetri Tsilimigras
- Robert Hanlon
Immediately following was a query about what attribute was most important in a judicial candidate:
- Bring an elected official
- Prior experience on the bench
- Having served in the State’s Attorney’s office
- Involvement in the Republican Party
The final question bored deeper into the importance of Republican political activity.
The two choices offered were
- participation in party politics
- politics has not place in the judiciary